What is Lipotrim?
Lipotrim is a reliable, maximum rate weight loss programme that was introduced into pharmacies in 2000 after more than 13 years in GP surgeries.
Pharmacists are ideally placed to help you manage your weight as they already provide many health services to customers, including stop smoking services, blood pressure and cholesterol measurements and general advice on nutrition and healthy living. Pharmacists also know when a weight problem can be managed in the pharmacy and when there is a medical problem that needs co-operation with the doctor.
Lipotrim started out in 1987 as a GP programme but was extended to pharmacy to make it more accessible to overweight and obese people who were serious about wanting to lose weight.
Lipotrim involves the use of nutrient-complete formula total food replacement products, developed in Britain by qualified nutritionists and experts in weight management, and proven to be safe and effective in helping you lose weight.
The unique foods keep you healthy whilst losing weight by providing the full range of nutrients your body needs for a normal, active life.
How can Lipotrim help me?
When you join the programme, your pharmacist will give you weekly support to help you reach your desired weight.
- You need to be overweight and serious about losing it .
- There are a few medical restrictions so you will need to fill out a medical screening form at the pharmacy to make sure the programme is suitable for you.
- If you are accepted for the programme, you will have to attend the pharmacy weekly for weight measurements and, where possible at the pharmacy, a urine test to measure ketones.
- The pharmacy is also where you will pick up weekly supplies of Lipotrim products.
- An essential short video/DVD and written materials are available to assist you on the programme.
- This programme is pharmacy-based and run by the pharmacist. It is not available for over the counter sale or mail order.